Read previous: North Coast Small Business Pandemic Updates
Watch previous: COVID-19 related webinars
- Financial Help
- Help for Employers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- General Resources
- North Coast SBDC Services Continuity
- Humboldt Shelter in Place Order [updated 3/30] & Press Release
- Business Resources Web site: humboldtgov.org/2704/Business-Resources
- Business Information Hotline: (707) 268-2527 [9 am to 5 pm. Seven days a week]
- Report Your Economic Injury: hccovid19economicimpactsurvey.questionpro.com
- Subscribe for Prepare Del Norte news alerts by email:: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email questions to: email@example.com
- Business Resources Web site: preparedelnorte.com/covid-19-business-support
- Business Information Hotline: (707) 951-2294 [7:30 am to 5:30 pm. Mon – Thurs]
- Report Your Economic Injury: Google Form
- December 23: CA Small Business Relief Grants Program launches on December 30, 2020 and Round 1 applications close on Friday, January 8, 2021.
- August 12: California Governor Reports Back on COVID-19 Response and Announces Future Plans
- July 1: Lender & Financial Management Forum. North Coast Lenders and SBDC business advisors will get together again as we did in March to bring business owners up to speed on pandemic-related lending and financial advice.
- June 17: Paycheck Protection Program Forgiveness Applications Released. SBA and Treasury released a new EZ Forgiveness Application and a revised Full Forgiveness Application.
- June 16: SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program Reopened for New Applicants. Learn more here.
- May 13: Federal legislation affecting small businesses. Read this fact sheet about the small business aspects of the Heroes Act and submit your questinos and input to John Driscoll of Rep. Jared Huffman’s office: John.Driscoll@mail.house.gov
- May 13: COVID-19 Industry Guidance for Dine-in Restaurants (CA Dept Public Health, Cal OSHA)
- May 7: Key policy resources related to Stage 2 recovery & reopening:
- California Recovery Roadmap for Stage 2 reopening 5/7 Governor Newsom press conferenceCalifornia Recovery Roadmap for Stage 2 reopening: covid19.ca.gov/roadmap/California’s Recovery Roadmap Survey: input.covid19.ca.gov CALED Recommendations to Accelerate Economic Recovery
- May 6: CA Workers’ Compensation Benefits for Workers who Contract COVID-19 During Stay at Home Order. Alert! (1) Workers who contract COVID-19 while on the job may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation. (2) Confirmed by a positive test within 14 days of performing a labor or service at a place of work. (3) Presumption will be that workers contracted the virus at work; employers will have chance to rebut. Governor’s press release for this executive order
- April 14: Today’s Small Business Pandemic Update is out. New local emergency loans, a loan info hotline, and much more. https://conta.cc/3ez7Egq
- April 13: Congressman Jared Huffman host Virtual Town Hall with local experts to discuss the ongoing coronavirus crisis and answer live questions. Recording of live Webinar on Facebook.
- April 8: Humboldt County has just updated and clarified the Allowable Services list and instructions. Download it here.
- April 1: NorCal SBDC released a guide to CARES Act loans for small businesses. Download it here.
- March 31: Paycheck Protection Program details go LIVE. Visit US Treasury web site for early details for lenders, borrowers, and more.
- March 30: Humboldt County updated Shelter in Place Order. Download “redlined” version here to see what has changed.
- March 27: North Coast SBDC webinar Surviving Together #3 – Support for Employers and Employees in Crisis
- March 25: North Coast SBDC webinar Surviving Together #2 – Disaster Loans & Other Financial Assistance Options
- March 21: Please bookmark the North Coast SBDC Service Continuity Update page to understand how we are handling your needs and questions.
- March 20: Humboldt Area Foundation launched a COVID-19 Regional Response Fund The Ink People has launched a fundraiser for artists affected by COVID-19 work loss
- March 20: Humboldt County’s Office of Emergency Services is asking business owners to report their losses early at Emergency Services Economic Injury Survey.
- March 19: Shelter in Place Order starts at midnight. Read this Shelter in Place fact sheet or call to find out if your business is “essential”, how to comply with guidelines for hygiene and safety, and more. Humboldt County’s Office of Emergency Services offers a COVID 19 Business Information Line: 707-268-2527
- March 19: Humboldt and Del Norte clients who want to apply for the SBA COVID-19 disaster loan will now find our counties on the list. Learn more here and start your application at the SBA Online Disaster Loan Assistance Portal. And don’t forget to apply for business consulting online or contact us — firstname.lastname@example.org (707) 445-9720 x210 — to be paired with a SBDC business advisor who will help you through the application.
- March 18: U.S. passes HR 6201 “Families First Coronavirus Response Act”. It applies to businesses with under 500 employees and establishes new rules and mandates around employee emergency paid sick leave, family medical leave, and tax credits for paid family and medical leave. Visit SHRM web site to learn more. Get quick details in this fact sheet. Treasury is working on offering tax credits for small and midsize businesses to swiftly recover the cost of providing Coronavirus-related leave: more on that at the IRS web site.
- March 17: Small Business Grants Program. Facebook has announced a program of cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries affected by COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for more information.
- March 15: Times-Standard Business Sense column for COVID-19 business readiness advice from North Coast SBDC Center Director Leila Roberts.
- March 15: CA Governor Gavin Newsom issues updated directions and recommendations: bars should close, restaurants should space tables more and move to take-out only if possible, people 65 and older should stay at home if possible.
- March 13: Administration declared a National State of Emergency, freeing up $50 billion in resources nationwide for health infrastructure and other support. When we know how this applies to you we’ll update this web site.
- March 12: US Export-Import Bank Extends Program Waivers, Extensions, and Other Provisions to U.S. Customers and Lenders. These include waivers, deadline extensions, streamlined processing, and flexibility, to our customers for an initial period of 30 days (with the possibility of a further extension. More on this fact sheet.
- March 12: Press release–Small Business Administration (SBA) to Provide Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19) Up to $2 Million in Disaster Assistance Loans. NOTE – we are awaiting loan program instructions from the SBA and will update you all when the program is open for loan applications. Meanwhile, if you plan to apply, download the Disaster Loan Paper Application Form and start pulling together your financial data.