Please keep an eye on this page for instructions on how to access help for your small business during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
Your North Coast SBDC team is working from home during our Shelter in Place order. We are determined to meet increased demand for our services. You can help us do that well by reading below, please. Be well. Know that you are on our minds and in our hearts.
- Stay Updated COVID-19 Resources and Guidance for Small Business is updated daily or more: northcoastsbdc.org/covid19.
- Get Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 for your business here and download the California SBDC’s COVID-19 Survival Guide for Small Business here.
- Sign up for the Small Business Emergency Response mailing list: surveymonkey.com/r/NorthCoastBizCOVID19.
- Get confidential layoff or closure help … manage and support your employees during forced closures or layoffs emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (707) 445-9720.
- Get confidential management or finance help … figure out how to maximize income, reduce expenses, apply for disaster funding and more by signing up to speak with a business advisor at northcoastsbdc.org/apply.
EMPLOYEES AND MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC:
Humboldt County’s COVID 19 Public Health Information Service is: 707-441-5000 or email@example.com
Del Norte County — we are awaiting instructions and will post here asap
If you want to know whether your business should remain open as an “essential service” under the Shelter in Place Order call Humboldt County’s COVID 19 Business Information Line is 707-268-2527
If you need help coping with the impact of this crisis on your business please get yourself into our Client Services Triage queue right away:
(1) YOU HAVE A QUESTION BUT DON’T NEED BUSINESS ADVISING. Please call Madison McLaughlin at (707) 445-9720 or email our client services team at firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) YOU HAVE HAD BUSINESS ADVISING BEFORE AND NEED IT AGAIN URGENTLY FOR PANDEMIC-RELATED HELP. Contact your advisor directly. If you don’t remember how to reach them, or need a different advisor, call Maddy McLaughlin at (707) 445-9720 or email our client services team at email@example.com
(3) YOU HAVE NEVER HAD BUSINESS ADVISING BEFORE AND NEED IT URGENTLY FOR PANDEMIC-RELATED HELP. Please request services at http://www.northcoastsbdc.org/apply We’re ramping up to turn around business advisor assignments immediately for urgent needs.
(4) YOU HAVE NEVER HAD BUSINESS ADVISING BEFORE AND WANT NON-PANDEMIC-RELATED HELP. Please request services at http://www.northcoastsbdc.org/apply You’ll be signed up for an intake interview and assigned to a business advisor as soon as possible.
How to use Zoom to access services virtually:
Zoom is the videoconferencing services SBDC is using to deliver our workshops live. Most of our business advisors are also using to be in communication with you. It’s flexible–can be used as a phone service, a videoconference service, to share views of what’s on your computer so you can look at financial statements together, etc.Please make sure that you have downloaded and installed the Zoom program on your computer in advance. It’s fairly fast and easy, but does take a few minutes.And if this is your first time here is a short video tutorial on YouTube from Geeks on Tour: How do I join a Zoom meeting?