SBDC Questions and Answers
California business and individual tax filers affected by COVID-19 now have an extra 60-90 days to file and pay state income taxes. Learn more here and below:
- Partnerships and LLCs who are taxed as partnerships whose tax returns are due on March 15 now have a 90-day extension to file and pay by June 15.
- Individual filers whose tax returns are due on April 15 now have a 60-day extension to file and pay by June 15.
- Quarterly estimated tax payments due on April 15 now have a 60-day extension to pay by June 15.
- The FTB’s June 15 extended due date may be pushed back even further if the Internal Revenue Service grants a longer relief period.
- Taxpayers claiming the special COVID-19 relief should write the name of the state of emergency (for example, COVID-19) in black ink at the top of the tax return to alert FTB of the special extension period. If taxpayers are e-filing, they should follow the software instructions to enter disaster information.