The North Coast Small Business Development Center is calling for seasoned experts to become business consultants in Humboldt, Del Norte & Adjacent Tribal Lands.
Would you like to be of service to future entrepreneurs and hard-working small business owners in our community? Work as many or few hours as you choose, in your area of expertise and preferred industries.
If you fit some or all of the criteria below, we are eager to see your application:
- Experience with loan underwriting and/or business financing
- Experience with business investing and/or crowdfunding
- Experience with business accounting and financial management
- Experience with business purchases and sales / exit planning
- Personal, direct experience with business ownership
- Deep understanding of the particular experiences of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, or Person-of-Color) entrepreneurs and business owners
- Bilingual proficiency: Spanish-English or Hmong-English
- Live and/or work in Del Norte County
Complete a short application form and areas of expertise form. Create a copy of your own version of these google docs, fill them out, and return them to email@example.com along with your resume and a copy of a current business license.
If you have never been a North Coast SBDC business advisor before, we will contact you to schedule a conversation with our Center Director and/or Lead Business Advisor. We’ll explore your background and interests, explain how SBDC advising works, and decide then mutually if we want to go forward.
Later, if you’re invited to contract with us, we will ask you to complete this online Independent Contractor sign up form managed by our fiscal agent, Humboldt State University’s Sponsored Programs Foundation. They will use that information to generate your contract. Note: The Independent Contractor sign up form above requests a “204-Payee Data Form” at the end. Please do NOT submit one unless you have been invited to become a business advisor, so that the Accounting team are not collecting personal information from you unnecessarily
Thank you for considering joining the North Coast SBDC team of business advisors!